New Works by New Mexico Composers
CALL FOR COMPOSITIONS
The Santa Fe Community Orchestra (SFCO) is seeking new and recent works by composers from New Mexico for its New Works by New Mexico Composers program. At this time, we have scheduled a reading session for Friday evening, February 7, 2020. Complete submission information will be provided via email and Facebook, and announced on our website, www.sfco.org. Participation in the program is free, and the public is invited to attend the readings. To join our mailing list, please email email@example.com.
Guidelines for Submission:
- Composers should be past or current New Mexico residents.
- For the Feb. 7th reading, please submit work via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or via snail mail (or hand delivered), to arrive on Friday, January 17 by 6:00 p.m. The SFCO’s mailing address is: 1000 Cordova Pl. #211, Santa Fe, NM 87505.
- A computer-generated score is preferred. Illegible scores will not be considered.
- Please include a recording or sound file in MP3 format.
- Please include a cover letter and a brief CV or resume including phone and e-mail info.
- Do not send parts at this time. If your score is accepted, a full set of parts must be provided one week in advance of the reading.
Shortly after the receipt of your materials you will be contacted by the SFCO’s Music Director.
Compositions selected for presentation will be presented in an open rehearsal format on Friday, February 7th. These compositions will not have been rehearsed prior to the date of the reading session.
- The SFCO cannot guarantee that all submissions will be presented.
- The SFCO may read a composition in its entirety or may select excerpts from a work.
- Preliminary or post-performance critiques of submissions will not be provided.
- The reading sessions will not be recorded by the SFCO.
- Composers and audience members may not record the reading sessions.
- Scores and recordings will be returned only if such return is requested in writing and a return envelope with sufficient postage is provided.
Thank you for your interest. We're looking forward to hearing your work!
For more information call (505) 466-4879 or email email@example.com.
This program is made possible by a generous grant from The Mill Foundation and is funded in part by New Mexico Arts, a division of the Office of Cultural Affairs, and the National Endowment for the Arts.